Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I would like to thank you for your continued prayers, support, and perseverance as we faced many challenges in the past year. This year, as we gather as a community around the Lord’s Table, I invite you to contemplate the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist. The Eucharist joins us to Christ’s sacrifi ce and provides us with infinite blessings.
With Jesus’ suffering, death, and resurrection, suffering became sacrifi cial and can be deeply meaningful when we open our hearts wide to Christ and offer our hearts and lives to the Lord with faith, hope, and love. Having shared in Christ’s sacrifi ce, we are called to bear fruit and are sent forth as missionary disciples, knowing that the Lord has loved us first (cf. 1 Jn: 4:19).
In his apostolic exhortation Evangelii Gaudium (“The Joy of the Gospel”), Pope Francis reminds us that the Church “is a community of communities, a sanctuary where the thirsty come to drink amid their journey, and a center of constant missionary outreach” (No. 28).
As we continue to journey together in hope while “Growing Together in Faith,” I invite you to support the mission of the Diocese. Your generosity allows our clergy, religious and lay ministers to serve this and future generations of our diverse community, shining the light of Christ throughout the Santa Clara Valley.
Yours in Christ,
Bishop of San José
Your Invitation to Support the Churh's Mission
For more information visit
Frequently Asked Questions
Download ADA FAQ
- What is the Annual Diocesan Appeal?
- The Annual Diocesan Appeal is an annual campaign of the Diocese of San Jose that supports ministries and services that serve all parishes and the local community in Santa Clara County. It also gives parishes the opportunity to raise significant funds by earning rebates over their own individual parish goal.
The ADA is an opportunity for our community of faith ignited by the Holy Spirit to witness Christ’s love. Our mission is to share His love with all Catholics with one another in Santa Clara Valley.
- What does the ADA Fund?
- The Annual Diocesan Appeal benefits parishes and their communities by funding ministries, programs and services, including: Clergy Formation and Support, Parish Leadership Training, Teaching the Faith, Ministry Outreach, and Operational Support. Essentially, ADA dollars help fund the spiritual works of mercy in Santa Clara County.
- How can I give to the ADA?
- Gifts to the ADA can be a onetime gift, pledged over 10 months or by becoming a Sustaining Donor with monthly payments that renew automatically from year to year.
- Made online using your credit card or bank transfer.
- Paid monthly or as a one-time gift by check.
- Gifts of stocks or securities are welcomed. Visit https://www.dsj.org/ways-to-give/stock-transfers/for more information.
- Distributions from your Donor Advised Fund or Mandatory IRA Distributions.
- How much money is raised and where does this money go?
- Out of consideration for the circumstances and challenges this year, Diocesan Leadership committed to reduce the ADA goal by 15%. The goal for 2021 $5,894,755 and will fund the Diocesan Offices that provide programs and support of our parishes.
- What happens when the goal is exceeded – where does that money go?
- Once a parish reaches its individual annual goal, 100 percent of the overage is returned to the parish for its own needs.
- Have ADA funds ever been used to settle judgements against the Diocese?
- No ADA dollars have ever been – or ever will be – used to settle claims of any nature against the Diocese.