Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Ministry
Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth meets from 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Sundays on the parish grounds.
For inquiries please contact ....................................................... Peter Thai Tran [email protected]
Who Are We?
The Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement is a non-profit organization, under the leadership of the Catholic Church. Its aim is to teach youths to be virtuous people and good Christians. It also offers apostolate services for the youth. Throughout its years of service, the Movement has kept pace with social and cultural changes of the day in an attempt to reach out to the youth of all times.
The Eucharistic Youth Movement has two general purposes:
- To educate and train youths in becoming a better person as well as an excellent Christian
- To organize and to guide all youths in spreading the Good News of the Gospel and to actively be involved in working for the good of society through charitable services and helping others.
The Eucharistic Youth Movement utilizes God's Word in the Scriptures and the teaching of the Catholic Church as the basis for educating and guiding the youth in its activities.
Eucharistic Youth Movement accepts the Eucharistic Jesus Christ as its focal point, as source of spiritual life, and as ideal for the life of its members.
- Live God’s Word and be united with the Eucharistic Christ through Prayer, Communion, Sacrifice, and Apostolic Work under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, particularly apostolic work by the youth: “The youth must do apostolic work first and directly to the youth” (Decree Lay Apostolicity, no. 12)
- Love and honor the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Savior, so that through Our Mother, we receive Christ and take Christ into our lives in a perfect way.
- Honor the Vietnamese Martyrs; follow their examples to become witnesses for the Good News of Christ.
- Love and obey the representative of Christ, the Pope, who is the leader of the Eucharistic Youth, and at the same time pray and implement the monthly wishes of the Holy Father.
- Improve humanity; protect and develop Vietnamese traditions and culture.